Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

Creating My Own Serving Set - A Sunflower Tray

A few weeks ago Team Red, White, Blue had a social at "Horsefeathers", a local 'paint your own pottery' shop.  A little noshing and a lot of painting!


I wasn't interested in a figurine of any sort, so I picked out a nice sized platter to work on.  I decided to free-hand a sunflower for my design.


Then I picked my colors.


Before long everyone was busy painting.


I was a little ambitious for the amount of time we had allowed.


Keeping at it.


Phew!  Finished... I was one of the last ones out the door.


And there it sits with all the other pieces done by the group; waiting to be glazed and fired.  I was kind of nervous on how it would turn out.


The finished tray!

I'm really pleased with it.  Next social I think I'm going to keep with the flower theme on the teal background.  Maybe a peony...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.