Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mystery Flower - Can You Help ID?

A couple days ago Himself and I were out on a drive on very infrequently traveled road.  I was looking at the early spring flowers, so we were just barely moving along.  I saw a bright bit of color so we stopped to check it out.

It was laying on the roadside... not growing there.  This is an area of thick trees that are leafless right now.  I have no idea if the flower came from tree, vine, or plant.  I couldn't see any more but they had to be close as the flower was quite fresh.


I've never seen this flower before.


It's not very big.


You can see the stem end here.


The flowers are very thickly grouped and firm to the touch.  As you can see, they are growing in a spiral pattern.


The tip is dark pink, lighter on one side than the other.


The purple areas seem to be the pollen producers.


And it has produced a LOT of pollen!  (This photo was taken just one day later).

If you know what it is, please let me know in the comment section!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.