Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Trinket: A Wee German House


Sliding the trinket calendar back to November 2003.  I had just left Bosnia and I had a long layover in Frankfort, Germany.  Long like in 18 hours overnight long.

I'm not into sleeping in airport chairs if I can help it, so I booked a room outside the airport at a hotel with shuttle service.  My carry-ons were packed accordingly so all was good.  After checking in, I took a cab to the opera house where I had dinner and saw a show.

The next day my flight didn't leave until around 2pm, so I booked a Greyline tour of downtown Frankfort.  What a blast!  We visited an area where the Christmas Market would be running that weekend.  There were a few vendors already set up and I did some quick shopping.



This is one of my trinkets.

Yes, very tourist... yet rather cute.

And a reminder of something I would get authentically someday when I get to come back to German.



1 comment:

  1. I would love to visit the German Christmas one day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.