Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Travel Trinket: Guatemala Jade

After our cruise left Nicaragua, we headed next for Guatemala.  For our excursion we boarded a bus for a long ride to Lake Atitlan.  As the bus came down the hill towards the lake, the vendors came running after it.  I thought the Maasai ladies were aggressive sales people... they are lightweights compared to the Mayan ladies!


I love bargaining, so I watched carefully as they thronged around the first bus.


There was definitely a feeling of desperation that I did not feel with the Maasai.  Maybe it was the fact there were WAY more vendors competing for each tourist's attention.


They definitely fought to get your attention.  But I noticed they did not actually go as far as touching/grabbing the shoppers... which is a good thing.


So I jumped into the thick of it.  


As soon as I saw this necklace, I knew I found 'it'.


Green and purple... my favorite colors.

Our guide later told me that the pendant was Guatemalan jade.



Linked at:

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! There are some trinkets and when you see them you know they are just perfect! Thanks for taking part!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.