Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Spaghetti Squash with Sage Pesto (Improv Cooking)

 At Improv Cooking, the challenge for November was "squash and sage".  I knew just what I wanted to do... sage pesto!  My sage really went crazy this summer and I am up to my ears (literally!) in beautiful sage.


And for the squash, I used our favorite - spaghetti squash.



Spaghetti Squash with Sage Pesto

1 fresh spaghetti squash, cooked
Approx 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

For Pesto:
2 cups fresh sage
1 cup fresh parsley
1 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup olive oil
1 T chopped garlic - or to taste
1/3 cup lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste (I used smoked salt)

Cook spaghetti sauce as to the method you prefer.

While it is cooking, put all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it is pureed.  You will need to push down the ingredients occasionally to get a good blend. 

Taste pesto and adjust seasonings to your taste.

Serve pesto on the side or on top of the finished squash.  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese when you serve.

Enjoy!

Note:  The pesto is really delicious on a pork roast.




2 comments:

  1. Most def will have to try your sage pesto on my Christmas pork loin! My mouth is watering already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking to get rid of some sage...

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.