Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Yard Tour: The Bird Cafe

Earlier in the summer I showed you the north side of the front of our house ( http://teri-gonewalkabout2.blogspot.com/2015/05/love-home-you-have-welcoming-courtyard.html ).  Before I could finish the south side... summer hit.

And this chickie doesn't work outside in the Tennessee heat!  SO not into saunas.

Then we had a wonderful weather respite last month and we were able to work a bit more.


This is right under the window for Himself's office.

He enjoys watching the birds as he works; so I made the area into our "Bird Cafe".  In the summer it is all about the hummers.  Winter will switch to the song birds.


We like to pick up/buy beautiful rocks on our travels.  Time to put them to use.


I'm not sure what the green stones are but they shine so wonderfully.


Hiding an old dryer vent is a piece of local sandstone and a Celtic lawn cross.


I drafted to use an old pot to hold our hose.  I think I'm going to do some digging in my stash to see if I have a larger one, but the idea works great!


Love this bench I picked up at Home Goods years ago.


The bowl is a discarded piece of pottery that was given to me by it's creator.  It's now one of six of our many bird baths.


The cat?  The birds don't care one bit about him!  LOL


Looking down from the porch.  (The grey strip is where we are putting in a stone walkway... you'll see that later).

Here's what it looked like before.


I moved the basil to the far end (you can see it in the first photo), then put down a heavy liner and the river stone.







TDC Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.