Pages

Friday, July 3, 2015

A Bit of Family Heritage... Homestead Grain Sack Pillows

This is a project a long time in the making... like 20 years!

When my late father-in-law's estate was divided, there was a small pile of old feed sacks in box of rags.  I pulled them out and asked if anyone wanted any.  Nobody wanted the 'rags'.

Good!


I have no idea how old they are but they were in with cloth items (unfinished needlework of Himself's grandmother) dating back to the early 1950s and earlier.


Although vintage, they are not rare... in fact, they are pretty common.  

But they are a bit of Himself's family heritage.  His grandfather homesteaded in North Dakota in 1901 and the farm is still in the family.


A snip here... a tuck there... and I have a great set of throw pillows for our guest bedroom!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.