Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

May Day Gift of a Plant

 I found some overflowing pots of Hen and Chicks at the local 'big box' store for a very good price.  I picked up 2 for me and a third for a little project I had in mind.


Aren't they beautiful?  This is about a third of what the pot contained.

Now... what to put them in...


Ahhh!  Some of my jelly jars with a bit of pea gravel would work perfectly.


Hen and Chicks are so easy.  All you have to do is gently pull them apart and replant.


I had my own little assembly line going on.  The really big ones wouldn't fit into the jars but that's OK.  I've got another project in mind for them.


Here's how they turned out.  Very cute!  Perfect for setting on a window sill or desk.


I filled all my jars and took them to my Bible study last night.  The plan was to give them to the ladies in the group (which I did).  But at the end, one of the guys was looking kind of wistfully at the ones that were left.  

I said, "Hey Bill... would you like a Hen and Chick?"

In a soft voice he said, "Oh please.  They were my wife's favorite..."

[...melt...]

Methinks Bill will have a nice beautiful pot of Hen and Chicks very soon...











1 comment:

  1. Ohhh that's a sweet story, Teri! Plants really can be such a thoughtful and happy gift. Thank you for sharing this with us Urban Jungle Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.