Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Upcycling for a Princess

Recently Little Bird and I had a memory making time.  Like most little girls she loves to dress up like a princess.  So when I found a princess dress at a consignment shop, I looked past its slightly bedraggled appearance because I knew that could be changed.

Little Bird and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby to select the bling needed to upcycle the dress into something special.  


Once we got back to her house, it was time to start working on it.  Little Hoss was full into his pesky brother routine...


The ragged and frayed netting was cut away...


...and new gold lace was used to replace it.


We bought buttons and rhinestones, plus used some from my stash for for the front.


She decided where each and every one was to be placed.


I think she did a pretty good job!

I had to bring it back to Tennessee to finish as I needed my sewing machine to get everything attached.  She had picked out a bead 'fringe' to go around the waist, sequins for around the sleeves, and tassels for the cuffs.


The finished gown!

She loved the way it turned out.  I can see we'll be making more of these in the future.  Next project: a snazzy satiny skirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.