Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

My Artful Friday - 2 Nov

With all the traveling and company coming in, I haven’t had much time for creative projects.  I’ve only gotten 5 done in the past few weeks!
 
 
This collage was for a challenge prompt “wings”.   I immediately thought of Amelia Earhart. I’ve long admired her gutsy joy-of-life and ‘get it done’ attitude.  The background paper was handmade using a stencil and chalks. The photo of Amelia came from the ‘net, as did the compass star where I added the words “She flew with her own wings”. The wings are a bronzed plastic self stick that I found at Hobby Lobby.
 
 
Crazy Amigos challenge was “Tea Time”. I love tea so there were many ideas filling my head as I thought about what I wanted to do for this. Then the perfect opportunity presented itself! We were visiting with a classmate of Himself and she offered me a cup of tea. The beautiful china cup had belonged to her sweet mother. As I admired it, I noticed C’s reflection in the jar. It didn’t take long to set up and snap the photo without her noticing. I love how it turned out! It’s a nice remembrance of a lovely day.
 
 
I’ve gotten three new note card photos worked up using the challenges from Word Art Wednesday. 
 
One of the verses given was Matthew 6:21 “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”  Too many people are like this little squirrel… storing treasures that will not last or may be lost. 
 
 
Another Word Art Wednesday prompt was James 1:17 -- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  The picture I selected is from our trip to Scotland.  There was a lovely little farmer’s produce stand where you paid by the honor system.  The produce was so beautiful… carrots, turnips, potatoes, cabbage…  Not only was the perfect produce a gift… the opportunity to be at that little stand was too.
 
 
While in Kenya, we visited an island on Lake Baringo that is the home of the Njemp people group.  The Njemp are an endangered people group, with most living on the small islands around the lake.  When our boat landed, this youth carefully and respectfully… yet confidently… approached me as we walked up the hill to the village.  I could tell he wanted to speak to me and I had our guide translate.  I then found out he wished to sell me the toy boat in his hands… a replica of the boats his people use to fish on the lake.  By approaching me as he did, he was able to have a one-on-one conversation.  His need to sell this trinket wasn’t to have some money to buy an iPod or some new video game.  It was to help feed his family.  This little boat now resides in TN.  As this boy approached me with his need; so much more so can we approach the LORD with our needs to find His mercy and grace. 
 
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.      Hebrews 4:16 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.