Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

September's Gold

The next couple of weeks are going to be really busy (very good busy!)  and I’m not going to have much time to work on any sort of creative endeavors of the make it/build it variety. 
 
But I do have time to work with my photography.  I can take photos waiting in a parking lot!  In fact, I sometimes challenge myself to come up with X number of interesting shots while I’m sitting ‘doing nothing’. 
 
So I was able to work on my photos challenges this week!
 
I really liked the photo of goldenrod I took a few days ago on my lake walk.  It reminded me of a poem I had to memorize in 5th grand.
 
SEPTEMBER
 
by: Helen Hunt Jackson (1830-1885)
 
The golden-rod is yellow;
The corn is turning brown;
The trees in apple orchards
With fruit are bending down.
 
The gentian's bluest fringes
Are curling in the sun;
In dusty pods the milkweed
Its hidden silk has spun.
 
The sedges flaunt their harvest,
In every meadow nook;
And asters by the brook-side
Make asters in the brook.
 
From dewy lanes at morning
The grapes' sweet odors rise;
At noon the roads all flutter
With yellow butterflies.
 
By all these lovely tokens
September days are here,
With summer's best of weather,
And autumn's best of cheer.
 
But none of all this beauty
Which floods the earth and air
Is unto me the secret
Which makes September fair.
 
'Tis a thing which I remember;
To name it thrills me yet:
One day of one September
I never can forget. 
 
 
 
 
 
And with that memory, I made this note card.  I’m looking forward to having enough variety to do a printing!
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Great poem and picture. I am SO glad September is here. You have some really excellent pictures in the post below as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another beautiful piece of art, Teri. I really hope that you will take a moment to stop by Word Art Wednesday and link up this gorgeous creation with us! I appreciate having you play along, and love having your gorgeous art shared in the challenge so that everyone can enjoy it. Hope you will stop by!
    Have a blessed week!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Sept poem. All your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.