Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Good Eats: Carrabba's Italian Grill

On one of our shopping trips to Nashville, Best Friend and I ate at a restaurant that is one of her favorites.

Carrabba’s is an Italian chain.  One of the best kept secrets (at least at the one at Green Hills) is that the ‘bar’ seating at the kitchen is open seating… no matter long the wait line for a table is, if there is seating open at the kitchen bar you can take it.

And take it we did!

It’s basically sitting at the Chef’s table.  (I apologize for the grainy photos.  I was using Best Friend’s phone camera – never dreamed I’d want to take pics of our dinner!)

You could see all the action from there.

I found it interesting the way the pasta was pre-cooked to just underdone and portioned out in individual serving sizes.  An order came in and the pasta ball was dropped in boiling water to finish cooking. 

We were right next to the service window and could see everything that came out.  It made picking supper really hard because everything looked so good!

Their pizzas are baked in a wood fired oven.  This margherita pizza looked sooo good!  I almost ordered that.

But instead I decided on a scallop dinner.

Best Friend had rigatoni. 

And we split a decadent chocolate bread pudding for dessert.

I will definitely be going back to Carrabba’s and will be sitting at the kitchen table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.