Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Encyclopedia of Moi: X





X Men – My favorite comic franchise. .. even before they got Hugh Jackman to play Wolverine!   

Xenoscaping – This is gardening or landscaping in ways that reduce the need for water use.  I like this on several levels.  First, I am trying to become more environmentally friendly.  Second, I’m cheap.  I don’t want to pay a big water bill.  Third, I usually forget to water and in hot TN that is not a good thing…

X-ray (horse wreck) – In 1990, while Himself was in Saudi during Desert Storm, I was working with a new horse at the Ft Campbell stables.  To make a long story short, the recently gelded horse had an issue with a stallion someone brought on a trail ride (and who should not have been there in the first place!).  He reared up and fell over backwards…on me.  He landed across my left leg and hip.  At the hospital the idiot doctor fixated on getting a neck x ray… and I ended up with SEVEN exposures before I said “No more”.  Then I had to tell the poor PA he sent to do his job that the site of injury had never been examined.  I was not a happy camper!  Ended no breaks and a compliment on my lovely dense bones!  

Xanadu – In high school I participated in speech and drama contests.  I made it to second place in districts with the poem “Xanadu” by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. 

XX chromosome - Yep… I’m a girl! 

XLIX - and I’m 49!  

Xenial – This means “hospitable to guests”.  I certainly try to be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.