Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Encyclopedia of Moi: T






Tartan:  In Great Britain, this is a fabric pattern (known as plaid in the US) that particular colors and band width are associated with family groups.  I have 2 family tartans – the Hanna and the MacFie.  

Travel :  No surprise here, eh?  Doesn’t matter if it’s to another county… or another country.   “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.”   “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”  

Thistle:  A favorite flower.  Not only are they pretty, they smell great too.  

Tactile:  I like to feel things.  I run my fingers across fabrics, touch the produce, play with the babies’ hair, dig into sand…  My grandmother was like that too.  And Little Bird seems to be a ‘toucher’ too.

Tribal:  I find certain cultural designs and patterns beautiful and compelling.  Pacific Northwest, Samoan, Pict, and Maori.  

Teal:  One of my favorite colors – both to wear and to use in my home.

Thumbelina:  My baby doll.  She’s had half her hair loved off, had many stuffing surgeries and has a few stray marks but she was much loved.  She sits on my childhood memory shelf with Gruff Goat and my “Little Brown Puppy” book.  

Tango:  I love watching the dancers doing the tango.  It’s such an incredible dance.  

Tai Chi:  My favorite workout.  It’s actually a form of martial art done in with precise movements… done slowly it improves your balance and gives you great stretches.  Don’t quickly it is a great aerobic.  

Thrifty:  I like getting a good deal.  Dad says I can “sniff out a bargain”.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.