Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Encyclopedia of Moi: S



Scotland – I have wanted to go here since I was about 15 years old, and this fall it finally happened.  It was everything I hoped for and more.  

Shortbread – One of my favorite cookies.  Crispy tender and buttery.  Is it a coincidence that it’s from Scotland?

Sean Connery -  The Great Scot.  Need I say more?  

Silver – I’d much rather have a piece of silver jewelry than gold.  It looks better on me and I find it more pleasing to my eye.  This is a good thing since I can afford to buy more of it!  LOL

Sasha – Our “puppy niece” Rat Terrier who belongs to Best Friend.  We were there when Best Friend picked her out from a litter of puppies belonging to an Amish farmer we bought flowers from.  This puppy princess may have been born in a barn… but she is living like royalty now!  

Shaved Ice- One of my favorite summer treats.  The perfect frosty crunch.  Can’t wait to introduce Little Bird and Little Hoss to it next summer!

Sundar -  Our youngest Compassion sponsor child.  He is from India.  In his letters to us, we are his “beloved Uncle and Aunty”.  

Sushi -  a favorite meal.  I enjoy both cooked and raw, tho I really haven’t gotten into the exotic rolls and nigiri.  My favorite local restaurant is Fujiyama and I like sitting up at the bar so I can watch them make the different rolls.  In fact, that is where Himself and I are eating tonight!

Secretariat – 1973 was an exciting year in horse racing as this super star dominated the race tracks.  Dad and I watched almost every race.  Who could forget that 31 length victory in the Belmont?  

Scallops – YUM!  A special treat.  I like mine simply prepared… quickly seared in butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.