Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

30 Years Ago


Himself and I were married 30 years ago today. 
As usual, he is away working.  We’ve gotten very good at celebrating at a later date! 
You see, when we married I didn’t know that the military fiscal year began on 1 October.  This means anything left in the budget had to be used or they’d get less next time around. 
So every September they would all be gone somewhere using up the last of their money. 
And I’d be sitting home…
I’ve lost track of all the places they went in Septembers – I do remember on our first anniversary he was in Greece.  –sigh-
And now that he retired from the military and works in Alaska… he’s still gone in September!!!
But he’s always been good about making it up to me.  For our 25th anniversary we went to Kenya. 
And we are planning something special for this one too… tho once again done AFTER the date. 
We’re going to Scotland for a month! 
I can’t wait!! (Tho I’m going to have to…)
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both Teri! 30 years is a wonderful milestone, have fun celebrating in Scotland! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Love the 80s-style dress and hair :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.