Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Red, White and BOOM!

I spent the 4th of July with Best Friend’s family.  It was a great day.  We started off with supper.  I picked up some steaks from The Chopping Block (http://www.thechoppinblock.com/ ) the only real meat market here in town.  Best Friend’s Sweetie grilled them to perfection.  We also had corn on the cob and mashed potatoes, both from produce Best Friend picked up at an Amish farm stand.  Dessert was ice cream sundaes and angel food cake.  YUM!!  Even Sasha the rat terrier feasted as she was allowed to clean off one of the T bones.

We let our meal settle while waiting for it to get dark enough for fireworks.  BF’s Sweetie and I are the pyros of the group and we pooled our resources to come up with quite a stash of firepower.  (Little Red’s tailgate was our staging area!)

In my opinion… the best firecracker out there!

We had the small stuff too.  Some of it is just fun without the huge bangs.

We were supposed to have watermelon for dessert too… but it wasn’t any good.  Pirate 1 had bought a ‘big’ firecracker and wanted to try blowing up the melon.  Why not??  He got it all rigged up and we were looking forward to seeing what would happen.  The answer to that… nothing happened!!  The not-a-Black Cat firecracker was a dud.  How disappointing!

But the rest of the evening was fantastic!!  We had quite an arsenal to blow off.  (Sorry for the not quite perfect photos.  Conditions were a bit much for my point and shoot… and I wasn’t getting any closer to get a better shot!)

It took a while for the smoke to clear!

Our grand finale!   LOL

BFS lighting the string.  (Like I said… I wasn’t getting close to this!)

And there they go!!  (And you can now see WHY I didn’t get any closer!!)

Can’t say the same for BFS!

The aftermath.

More debris.

Then it was clean-up time.  The Pirates weren’t as enthused about this part of the evening but they pitched in willingly. 










1 comment:

  1. Oh, that looks fun!! :) And I must say I love that you cleaned up the mess...soooo many people just leave it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.