Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pass The Christmas Popcorn

There are a few movies that are part of my Christmas season, ones that put me in the holiday mood.  Most of these I have on DVD as it seems to be getting harder and harder to find them on TV.  I'll be getting the DVDs for Hanna and Owen when they're a bit older as I can't imagine them missing out on these treasures!

Here's my favorites (in no particular order)... what shows are on your list?


The Little Drummer Boy  (1968)



Not only is this one of my favorite movies, it also is one of my favorite Christmas songs. 

Charlie Brown Christmas  (1965)



Last year's theme at "ICE" at Opryland was Charlie Brown Christmas.  It was one of the first books I bought for Hanna.  Hopefully it will be with us for generations to come.  Love the straight forward Christmas story told by Linus!


The Nativity Story  (2006)



THE story of the ages... the reason for the season.


How The Grinch Stole Christmas  (1966)



Sorry Jim Carrey.  Good as you are, not even you could improve on Dr. Suess!!


The Fourth Wise Man  (1985)



A little known movie starring Martin Sheen about a fourth Magi who spent his entire life looking for The King.  (I do NOT endorse the ad at the end of the clip!!)


It's A Wonderful Life  (1946)



Does Christmas fiction get any better than this?

3 comments:

  1. You made me realize I've not seen any Christmas shows yet; I'll have to remedy that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE It's a Wonderful Life. Maybe I will get to watch it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ( and own) the Little Drummer Boy as well!! Nativity Story is a new favorite and I always have to watch Rudolph!! I can't leave out Elf though....LOLOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.