Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween - NOT in this house!

I was asked yesterday how I was going to celebrate Halloween.

The answer is: I’m NOT. As a Christian, I loathe Halloween and everything it stands for.

And “Yes” I did do trick or treat as a child, and “yes” I decorated the house as a young adult.

But then I grew up… spiritually.

I don't care about the origins of the day waaaaay back when, tho that in itself is bad enough!

What are the symbols of Halloween TODAY? What are the “decorations” you see in the stores? Devils, witches, skeletons, monsters. Scenes of murder, death, torture, blood, … "Trails of Terror", "Murder Mansion" and other such attractions. These are terrible, evil images.

Oh yes, there are the cute little costumes for the little ones. Smiling witches. Dancing skeletons. Dapper devils. And it doesn't matter if the costume is a "not scary one". If you put gold leaf on dog feces it is still feces.

And Halloween is still a holiday celebrating Satan's influence on Earth...



3 John 1:11
Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but
what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.
1 Corinthians 13:6
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

1 Thessalonians 5:22
Avoid every kind of evil.

James 1:21
Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

1 comment:

  1. It is an ugly holiday isnt it? Personally, I love the fall festivals this time of year.
    The boys are going to Hilldale tonight after visiting certain small group folks who want to see our little soldier and Darth Vader.
    We carved pumpkins yesterday.. that was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.